Find Megan's book here!
My good friend and fellow blogger Megan of Greetings from Texas has written a hilarious book about her recent adventures of adult hood including cancer, marriage and adoption. I haven't read a book that has made me laugh so hard and cry at the same time. Thank you Megan for making me scare the crap out of my husband because I laughed so loud while lying in bed reading your book. 99 Problems but a Baby Ain't One is highly entertaining and an easy read. It would be the perfect Christmas present for that special someone that has a sense of humor!
It was quite easy for me to write out my Christmas wish list this year, just as easy as it was as a child. Except at this age I would be overjoyed for Santa to bring me a vacuum or new counter tops. Alex and I won't be exchanging gifts this year due to overspending on our bathroom remodel, but a girl can dream right.
1. Free People Washed Denim Overall - $98
2. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera - $100
3. Simply White 32 Piece Dinnerware Set - $39 - Perfect for entertaining guests with simplicity
4. Gee WaWa Lydia Flat - $98
5. Emily Hallman Emma Skirt - $198 - My favorite Austin designer! Her dresses and skirts are extremely elegant and beautifully hand crafted.
6. Collar Plaid Coat - $70
7. Hello Apparel T-shirt - $22 - I wish I had this shirt when Turner was first born. I felt this way every single day in the first 6 months.
8. Home Depot Gift Card - For the ongoing house projects
9. The Pioneer Woman Cookbook - $18 - I love the Pioneer woman recipes, and a goal of mine every year is to cook more. With a new home, my mac & cheese and frozen pizzas won't suffice much longer.
Welcome to the world Miss Parker Jo! Parker is my sister's FIFTH girl, and I can't wait to spoil her. I'm thinking her nick name should be Cinco. I am so glad I was able to see her birth, and witness the cutest little first cry (she cried for 2 hours, but we think it was because she came out so quick). It was the third birth I have seen of my sister's, and it is such a magical moment every time.
|My sister's doctor delivered ALL five girls. He wanted to take this picture ; )|
I have been living in this cardigan! Not only is it super comfy, but it's extremely warm. I found it at Ross for $20, and w/ a $15 gift card I walked out with a steal.
I'm at home with a sick baby today. Day care kicked him out for running a fever. They've also kicked him out for the stomach bug, strep throat and pink eye. Dear day care, I think you're the problem.
Top: Urban Outfitters (Men's basic tee)
Shoes: Rocket Dog
Purse: Bought @ a small boutique in Abilene
Friday night Alex and I decided to get away for a bit so we drove up to Oklahoma to do a bit of gambling at Choctaw Casino. We spent most of our time (3 hours) at the black jack table. I brought some lady luck to the table which was full of mostly old men. There was one particular man directly to my right that I enjoyed getting to know through the night. He's one of those with the gold nuggets rings and a wedding ring with a diamond twice the size of mine (he was 88 and as sharp as a whistle). He coached me the entire night, and I later found out he used to be a big time player. He informed me that he was only down about a thousand that night....what?! Alex and I came out even and had a great time with each other baby free. We might make this part of our holiday tradition when we head north.
Hope you enjoyed family, food and some good sales!
I'm completely on board with the gold and sequin trends right now. Jcrew Factory has some amazing pieces and right now they are 50% off online! To be honest, I've gotten to the point where I don't consider a sale a SALE until it's 40% off or more. 25% off? Please...I will wait.
1. Striped V-Neck Sweater $30
2. Faux-fur Infinity Scarf $35 - I'm always cold, always. This would be perfect to throw on every morning to keep my neck warm when I jump in to my freezing car.
3. Wool-Cashmere Funnel Coat $188
4. Colorblock Sequin Skirt $75
5. Sequin Tee $58
6. Crystal Sunburst Necklace $65
7. Square Stone Bracelet $20
8. Metallic Heart Tee $35 - I live in tees on the weekend. This tee would be perfect to dress up my ragged jeans.
9. Fair Isle Sweater $78
10. Plaid Blazer $178
I often wonder what kind of Mom I'll be when Turner is at the age where he is defiant, strong headed and wants to go adventures that I might be too scared to let him go on. Growing up I never realized how trusting and patient my parents were of me. From an early age I was very independent and by the time I was 16 I knew I wanted to study abroad for a year. Thankfully, they gave me the freedom to dream, and to pursue my passion of learning about other cultures. I can't imagine the fear my parents had when I told them about my cross country trips across Poland in trains by myself in the middle of the night. I'm scared to death the day Turner wants to visit another country w/out our supervision, actually I'm scared the day he wants to do anything without our supervision. But that is where my faith comes in, and I have to rest in God's peace that no matter what he is in control.
|My Rotary Youth Exchange blazer. It brings back so many amazing memories of a|
year full of travels and new experiences.
What kind of Mom are you? Or one that you hope you will be? Are you scared to death of the day your baby wants to go out with their friends to a party....movie...drive as a teenager in their car by them self! Good luck moms, it's going to be a tough but fulfilling road ahead.