Here's my second round of estate sale finds in the Austin/SA area. The items listed below will be for sale THIS weekend. Click on the link, and it will provide you with more information and photos of the sale. As you can tell, I'm drawn to furniture, but I do love perusing through the house for unique items. My hunting usually goes as follows:
- Quick run through the entire house looking for furniture/lamps/large mirrors
- Accessories/Clothing - If I get lucky the owner wore a size 7 1/2 shoe
- Kitchen - Unique glasses and containers
- House decor, quilts, vintage toys, jewelry
- If Alex is with me, he's looking for tools or guns...boring.
Estate #1 (Austin) - Austinites, you do NOT want to miss out on this sale. The owner of this 1960's home was a professor at UT and has some amazing treasures, including this beautiful table and original Eames chair. And don't forget about the beautiful rugs in each photo.
Estate #2 (Georgetown) - Upholstered Chair & Twin Bed Frames
I've been on the hunt for matching twin bed frames for one of my guest bedrooms for months. These with a fresh coat of paint would be perfect! I have to work on Saturday, so I'm going to beg Alex to be there bright and early to snag them for me.
Estate #3 (New Braunfels) - Rug, Chair & Bed Frames - This home is filled w/many more gorgeous antiques
Estate #4 (Universal City) - Lamp base, end tables, bar cart, trunks