x

Our First Home

I really don't want to jinx it, but I can't hold it in any longer. We are buying a house! After 6 offers, multiple bidding wars, and a bit of heartache our last offer was accepted and we couldn't be happier.  It is the perfect quaint home that I've dreamed about. It was built in the early 80's and hasn't been updated much since, but it has so much character.  I can't wait to show you how we make it our own. We are through inspection, and are closing August 30 if everything goes as planned.  Our days are now spent with paint swatches, wood floor samples, hardware, etc.  Our next big question, to remove popcorn ceilings on our own or hire someone?  I fully trust that Alex and I can do it, but ugh, the time and effort.  I'm pretty sure Alex won't let me hire a professional to do it (cheapskate). I love his desire to save money but sometimes it stinks. Here's a view of the front, more pictures to come once we move in!


I've been patiently waiting for a place to invite friends & family over, and this deck is the perfect spot. I can't wait to plan Turner's 1st Birthday!


Look at this backyard! Aaahh, so much room for activities. 


Alex is most looking forward to the huge garage, and I'm looking forward to him making furniture.  We feel extremely blessed, and can't wait to introduce Turner to his new home. 

Are you currently looking for a home or recently purchased one? How has your experience been?

No comments: