x

Hands Free Weekend


Alex and I had the pleasure of a mini Treat Yo Self Weekend. It was a lot like Treat Yo Self Weekend 2012, but this time no bun in the oven. My in-laws came in to town and watched Turner all day Saturday and that night as well so we could have a little break.  Every couple needs a weekend like this every once in a while.  It was the first time Alex and I had been away from Turner together.  

Friday, we enjoyed happy hour w/friends, ate Indian food and visited Terra Toys. I can't wait till Turner can appreciate toys.  He's going to go crazy in that store.  He did pick out this cute wooden toy. Ok, maybe I waved it in his face, and he grabbed it.  He would have grabbed a piece of trash if I waved it in his face.



Saturday we were up early, as normal, usually about 6:30am.  We cleaned and packed our bags for our staycation.  Around 10am we headed to TopGolf (It's half off before noon), and it was AMAZING! It's our new favorite place.  The 3rd floor is great, because even if you hit the ball horribly it still gets air.



We then headed to Austin's oldest golf course, Hancock, which is a great place for beginners like me.  We played 9 holes, and had a great time. Let's just say I need a few lessons.



After golf, we ate italian at Little Deli and then went to China Town for a reflexology/massage treatment.  Can you say HEAVEN?!  If you live in Austin I seriously recommend going to FOOT RELAX.  It costs $35 for an hour of pure amazingness.  

We went back to our hotel, changed and got ready for dinner & a movie.  I semi-dressed up in my new Target dress, and we saw Mud with Matthew McConaughey (very good movie).  Afterwards we were trying to decide if we should go get dessert or head to a local bar to enjoy a few drinks.  My preggo sis talked me in to the bar, because she wanted me to drink for her.  We had a few and then called it a night.  Home by 10pm, that's how these parents roll.  It's funny, but we had these grand plans of going downtown, enjoying a super nice dinner and then hitting up 6th like we were in college.  Yeah, that definitely didn't happen.  We really just wanted sleep.  I still woke up at 6:30 am wide eyed and ready for the day. 




Sunday we reunited with Turner and had brunch with Alex's parents.  I lounged around almost all afternoon, trying to slip in a few naps. For dinner we headed downtown for pizza at Home Slice with my bro and sis-in-law.  All in all we had a very full weekend, and it was a blast.  I can't wait to do it again.  As much as I love spending time with Turner, having my hands free for more than a few hours is such a good feeling.  

No comments: